This has happened multiple times before of course, and I know it's not unique to Colorado, but with the amount of grit that gets kicked up and the insane state of our roads due to a significant freeze/thaw ratio, I knew it was only a matter of time.
Seriously, I was thinking last week, "Dang, I wonder when I'll get a good crack because the million tiny dings are getting hard to see through!"
Yeah. Didn't have to wait long! Curtis was driving and when arriving home said, and I quote, "Want to see what a big truck did to me on I-25?" My heart about failed since I'm envisioning some kind of car wreck situation to the front quarter panel, and history has shown me that Curtis+Durango=Expensive car repairs, but at least it was 'just' this.
I guess it scared him quite a bit...and it hit hard enough that you can feel the break in the glass from the inside. So yeah, I'm going to be calling a glass replacement service soon. That will be majorly spread in no time.
Beautiful blue skies today here in flyover country; very warm and gorgeous for January. Supposed to get up near 70, I'm not complaining!! I should feel really bad for those folks shivering in DC today but...eh, I don't. :D Enjoy it while you can right? :)
Take the Quiz here!

No comments:
Post a Comment