I am happy to report that we had a very nice Thanksgiving, shared a fabulous meal with our wonderful friends the Dunnings up at the cabin and had power the whole time! Well, I think McKaylynn got caught in the shower when the pump turned off, but mostly we had all we needed. Good friends, good food, good times! We love the Dunning family and we felt so blessed to get to share a holiday with them.
All the kids went out and played in the snow, sledding and freezing and generally being very silly. We only had a few times when they biffed it, Josh got a nice bruise on his thigh, but other than being cold once they were done, it was a grand time had by all.
The Dunnings had to head home and of course, something immediately went wrong with our portable/small generator! Here's the boys attempting to take it apart. We ended up hauling it down for repairs, again. The joys of off the grid I tellya!
I went for a walk with Brynna and discovered that along the pathway that leads from our cabin to what we call 'the girls camp', across the property, a great big tree had fallen down on its own! It had snapped off as you can see, quite high, maybe 10 feet up. It was where the tree instead of growing straight up, split into two 'trees'. It must have been weak there, and I don't know if it was weight, or the wind or bugs or whatever, but it just was snapped. Thankfully it didn't do this when anyone was around, and while it is on our path, it isn't blocking it, but lying parallel. Something to do in the Spring and Summer, chop more firewood! Anyone want some?
And yes, our big early Christmas present, a brand new generator for the cabin. We had Troy Armitstead help us get it up there and going, which was such a huge help! As we've only used it once, I can only report that it did work, and was quieter than the other one, it seems to have easier access to the innards (for future problems, which I hope are later than sooner!) and we've hauled the old one back down to Denver. No idea what to do with the thing.
Also, I discovered over Thanksgiving weekend, that there is a theater in Silverthorne, and a Target too! I got most of my Christmas shopping done in Silverthorne and Frisco while the rest of the family watched movies!
Take the Quiz here!

No comments:
Post a Comment