Sunday, August 8, 2010

June, Trip to AZ

So I'm still summing up; catching up and trying not to throw up my hands at ever being as good at blogging as everyone else I know but here goes!

So in June my nephew got married in AZ in St. Johns. We were lucky enough to be able to sneak a little trip to AZ in to get to attend the wedding! I had one of my Laurels here in Littleton get married the day before, so we went to that reception and then left that evening and got as far as Las Vegas, NM. Then we drove the next day to St. Johns to attend the wedding and had to come back to Albuquerque after that reception so Curtis could catch a plane to Florida for a work trip!

So it was busy but we were glad we got to go. I didn't get any good wedding pictures, but thankfully I know my sis-in-law Lori did and she always does a beautiful job. We loved that brief time to get to visit with family. I was super happy to finally get to meet Mary, my nephew's wife too.

I don't even know if Marcie knew how impressed Josh was at the stuffed ram they have in their front room. His school is the Runyon Rams, and so as we were about to leave he got all upset and we had to stop and hurry back into the house so we could take a picture by the ram! LOL! I hope that's okay Marcie! He was super tickled!

Though it was fast, the kids and I took advantage and enjoyed ourselves. As we had to hurry back to Albuquerque, and Curtis' flight was really early-we booked a night at hotel near the airport. We've done this before and had mixed results, so we tried a new place. OH wow I was impressed. It was a Homewood Suites, it's by Hilton, but the price was very reasonable. In fact, when I booked it was less expensive than the Holiday Inn Express but had a full kitchen, a front room with a hide-a-bed and two queens in a separate bedroom. It was quiet and the breakfast buffet was REALLY good. I really want to try this chain elsewhere to see if they are as nice in other places. Anyone know? :D I think we've stayed at one in Reno and it was nice also.

Anyway, Curtis got off, we slept in and had a great breakfast and then took our time heading home. We went the back way from Albuquerque and up Sandia Peak-which we found out when we got there-was a free day so lots of people were there.

BUT not only is it an amazing view, it apparently is the hatching point of BAZILLIONS of ladybugs!




They were EVERYWHERE! Landing on people, crawling all over, flying all around. Josh was enthralled, kept being a ladybug magnet. It was pretty cool!

Then we headed home and I had less than a week to get ready for California! That's next post because I'm tired. :)

1 comment:

Marcie Ashton said...

Thanks so much for using a bit of your summer to see us! We sure appreciate the love and support.