Did you know that you can drive to the top of a 14,000 foot mountain? I did, but I thought it was just Pike's Peak for a long time. Even though I've lived in Denver for 16 years it wasn't until probably four or five years ago that I realized you can drive to a closer peak than Pike's...Mount Evans, which boasts 14,130 feet. So the Friday before school started in August (YES AUGUST AHH I'm SO FAR BEHIND!) we drove to the top, just me and the kids. Beautiful drive, sort of curvy, in some places...rather ancient looking roads, but worth it.
Kids at the top with the marker.
Me and the kids at the very top where you can 'climb' a 14er....you go up the last hundred feet and wow, you can see for ages and ages. If you're from out of state and want to see some of Colorado, remind me to take you here. I will warn you though, even we got feeling sort of ill, altitude sickness, which went away when we went down in altitude!
Then, the first day of school. I know, I'm lame to be so late, but Brynna was starting her Sophomore year.
Josh starting fifth grade, his last in Elementary.
Joel starting 8th grade, his last in Middle School...and my last year of three kids in three schools. At least until they go to college but by then hopefully they can drive. ;)
Take the Quiz here!

No comments:
Post a Comment