So Littleton Public Schools, in all their wisdom and lack of common sense, is closing Walt Whitman Elementary-a high performing school that Josh attends. I understand their motivations, I understand enrollment is down and they have too many schools all in similar geographic boundaries and they have to do some combining, but er...I'm still not happy about this. Not happy they are just plopping this on us, it's not a big deal for them of course, but it will change our kids lives.
Anyway, so today me and Rachelle Milligan were leaving from volunteering in the library as we do every week and the local news station is there. I was reluctant to go on camera as I KNOW I look like an idiot and having had a degree in Broadcasting I know they edit out just the weird and juicy crud for their clips, so yeah, I ended up looking like a bitter and angry, disgruntled NIMBY parent even though I clearly told the reporter that I understood the reasons, I thought they should re-align boundaries, I know they waste money on bus routes and I would prefer them taking the kids over to the middle school and converting it to a K-8 instead of cramming our kids into three different schools, but no...I get the 2 seconds of DISGRUNTLED on the 5 o'clock news. (holy cow that was a long run on sentence!!) LOL Oh well, but at least Rachelle has it together.
For full embarrassing coverage, click here: Channel 7
Looking forward to 2018
8 years ago
Take the Quiz here!

2 comments:
It would have been nice for me to know this at the beginning of the year, when I thought I was doing my kids a favor keeping them at this school and driving over there 4 times a day! UGH. I did see Rachelle on the 10:00 news. So I guess parents just choose where they want their kids to go? What about busing though...how will that work?? I'm so uninformed..
You do sound like a disgruntled parent--You go girl!!!
Post a Comment