Thursday, October 23, 2008

Remembering what is important

Well, okay so I am only 2 weeks since my last post. Pretty good for me. :) I was thinking as I surf friends and family's blogs how important you are all to me. When I think about what gets me upset...traffic, being late, spilling on a clean floor, the eternal pile of laundry...I know that I really am so very blessed.

A friend sent me a link to a video produced by the Catholic church that made me cry...and really I am not too much of a cryer. Granted, I was PMSing but still it was lovely. I know most of anyone who may read this is not catholic and it's probably preaching to the choir but I just thought it was worth sharing. No idea how long it will stay up at the site, it's just on the top page right now: http://www.catholicvote.com/

I know that the LDS church doesn't like to get political, though they will read the standard 'vote for good people and good things but it's your choice' letter in church, and I am glad they do that, but I thought this was a nice. I feel more allied with Catholics every day as I watch the world crumble into a pit of filth and depravity. Hope a few of you enjoy this video, feel free to share it and everyone (yes even if you disagree with me) do vote. I am trying to decide if I will do Early voting or just go on election day. Curtis already did his mail in ballot, but I don't mind actually going since, generally, I'm home when everyone else is working.

Meantime, being the uber-conservative that I am, I admit to being up and down in my anxiety and mood when it comes to this election. I laughed out loud when I opened up the lesson for my YW last week and it said and I quote: "Preparing for Change"! AHAHAAA! I guess the Lord was trying to tell me...change happens, it's okay, you'll live no matter who wins. We all will, we will endure! Though at the moment hard times look like they are heading our way, this is when we stand up and stand firm, hang on and hold on to those we love.

Hang in there everyone, have a great day!

1 comment:

Lori Ashton said...

Meri,
Let's get posting!!! Come on girl, write more about what is going on with your family!!!