Saturday, February 21, 2009

Silver and Gold

Omgosh! So today we went to Joel's TSA Awards Ceremony, knowing that his hovercraft was a complete failure but his mousetrap car ranked pretty well, but we didn't expect this!



He took 2nd Place in the Middle School Mousetrap Tractor Pull competition and FIRST PLACE in Middle School Electrical Applications! I was so not expecting that! He took a test on electrical stuff, and then had to put together a circuit board, complete with soldering! AND I asked him today if he'd practiced soldering and he said he'd never done it! I guess that comes naturally! LOL! Yeah, I'm a little bit on the pround parent side today, it was lovely to see him do so well. This was a state competition so though the Mousetrap cars isn't a national event, the Electrical Applications is (I think), so he may be headed to Nationals. The electrical understanding of course I can't take credit for...has to come from Curtis, but he tells me he's an awful solderer, so it must come from Uncle Steve. ;)


Before I get carried away, I forgot to mention that Joshua was one of only 5 in his school who was chosen to have his art put on display in Littleton. His art is on display at The Garage Gallery (right by The Mill restaurant) until Monday but you can see it here. I'm all thrilled about this too, but I give full credit to Grandma Cheri on this one...it's even watercolor. :)

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

WOW! Congratulations to the kids and all their accomplishments.

Miranda said...

So you have a musician, an artist and a scientist. I think you have it all covered!

MerileeAshton said...

Thanks ladies. :)

Humphries said...

Congratulations to the boys on doing so well with their projects.