Joel passed his Ref exam and became a soccer ref for Littleton Soccer and other various clubs around town. He is very excited about making money as a 12 year old and is uber-serious about his reffing. He is quick to learn and isn't afraid to stand his ground but is even tempered. Probably has the best temperament for a ref of all the kids. I was watching when some parents questioned a call he made. Not only did he calmly explain the rule, he was polite even when the parents were a little pushy. Later in the car I had him check to make sure and yup, he had made the right call! Whoo hoo! He's a smart one. He and his Dad did a lot of reffing this spring.

This one on the other hand just LOVES the game of soccer. He runs and runs and runs! I actually really like cheering for him because I can yell "JOSH RUN!" and suddenly it's like someone switched on a little TURBO button and the kid is flying. His team did very well this Spring, only tying one game and winning all the others. He's also getting expensive as he is moving up a tad into a slightly higher bracket. But considering that the other two haven't really gone 'fantastic' in sports I guess having one kid to pay all those sports fees for isn't too bad. ;)

Speaking of running, here's Josh again (still with his Littleton Pride on) at school where he took 2nd place in the mile. It was a little harder than he thought as he's awesome doing the start and stop sprints in soccer but consistantly running wore him out a little more than he'd expected. He was still very fast however, and had fun.

I'm really glad he did well and enjoyed his last year at Walt Whitman Elementary...rip. It is becoming a mixed use building, including Pathways (special school for middle schoolers) extra classroom for Options High School (special high school) and offices for none other than Littleton Soccer. Yay. At least I know where to go now.
I think he'll have just as much fun and do just as much talking in class at Runyon as he did at Whitman.
Take the Quiz here!

No comments:
Post a Comment