Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Christmas

So, by some miracle, after we got back from driving to Wyoming, I was able to get things ready for Christmas without freaking out. I luckily got a lot of shopping done on that Thanksgiving weekend, and slowly managed getting things done by hacking away slowly at it throughout the rest of December. The kids were excited to get to do a little gingerbread house city and I managed to do fudge, caramels, chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies and gingerbread men cookies! Plus I managed to do a dinner Christmas Eve where we hosted the Elders. See, miracle!

Sprinkles everywhere!

Then Christmas day we woke up and lo and behold, Santa had actually come! And wouldn't you know it? Last year the boys got snowshoes and there was NO snow this year it was a glacier (say that like Bear Grylls) out there and they got bikes! Silly Santa, totally messed up which year was going to be frozen!


They were both thrilled however, and did go try them out, even on the snow! They've got a little more bike time since because our January has been very lame in the snow department. Typical El Nino year.


Brynna opening presents, she got a lot of little things like clothes and gift cards, but she also got a new CD player for her room and some books. So she immediately disappeared and you could hear her new CDs playing as she read!


Meantime, when my parents arrived, we got a really big present! My grandma moved out of her large home and we got the couches! My parents hauled them (there's two) and brought them to us just after Christmas. So we spent most of the holiday re-decorating, cleaning, moving couches around. This is when we just got the couches, note, they're WHITE! Scary. More pictures to come with the decor.

Christmas was very nice, I just love being able to spend time watching A Christmas Carol, or The Grinch (the original), with the kids, eating cookies (though I'm paying for it now!) and most of all, wrapping presents. I know it's absolutely 'not' the reason for the season, but I LOVE to have a monster pile of presents under the tree! Not necessarily for me, though that is fun, but I just love the wrapping! My poor kids get all sorts of 'boring' presents wrapped up just because I enjoy it so much! LOL.

And finally, I got a really amazing present from hubby this year. He bought me a Sony Reader, which is like a Kindle if you know what those are. But this you can download and pay, like the Kindle but also you can download from the library, which is free! Whee! I've already read almost 2 books on it, and am very pleased with it!! Mine is the 'touch' meaning you can touch the screen and interact etc. but the best part is being able to carry this thin thing and it is holding (currently) 12 full on nasty big ole books! Yes! I think something like it will be the future, and it can't get here soon enough if you see my daughter's gigantic backpack. Couldn't they just load all those textbooks onto something like this and have ONE thing to carry around? I guess the textbook industry wants to ensure that chiropractors stay in business? Anyway, it was a super cool gift.

I got him a Garmin, he broke his last one. Basically we got the generator for the cabin, but I did get him socks too. :)

No comments: